Browse Our Directory
Showing 1–9 of 4925 results
Select a Possible Method and Design$5.00
Create a brief summary of the research method, and then design your plan to use to investigate your research topic.
Select a method and design appropriate for a PhD study. PhD quantitative studies must demonstrate both internal and external validity (e.g., large, random samples, statistical power and representativeness). Qualitative studies must demonstrate validity within the context of the specific qualitative design (e.g., credibility, dependability, transferability, trustworthiness). Replication studies are not permitted. Your summary must address the following:
Note a specific method and design you plan to use in your research.
Describe and substantiate the appropriateness of the method and design to respond to the stated problem, purpose, and research questions.
Note how the proposed method and design accomplish the study goals, why the design is the optimum choice for the proposed research, and how the method aligns with the purpose and research questions.
Provide appropriate foundational research method support for the proposed study design.
Explain the particular data gathering techniques and data analyses processes. Sample size of the study population should be identified and must be appropriate and justified based on the nature of the study design. Quantitative analyses must include justified sample size determination.
Length: 2-3 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards
Capstone W10 DQs$10.00
Dissemination of EBP and research, such as presenting results at a conference or writing an article for a journal, is an important part of professional practice. Identify one professional journal and one nursing or health care conference where you might present your project. Discuss why each of your choices is the best option for you to disseminate your new knowledge.
Discuss why EBP is an essential component of the practice of a BSN-prepared RN. Identify two ways in which you will continue to integrate evidence into your practice and encourage it within your work environment. What obstacles could challenge this plan, and what steps will you take to minimize their impact?
Wk 9 Capstone Ds$5.00
Discuss one personal strength and one weakness you have regarding professional presentations. Name one method for improvement for each of these and discuss why it is important for you to work on these skills if you want to present your findings in a more formal setting.
Sustaining change can be difficult, as there are many variables that can affect implementation. One critical component of EBP is to ensure that practice change is part of an organization’s culture so it will continue to impact outcomes over time. Name two potential barriers that may prevent your EBP change proposal from continuing to obtain the same desired results 6 months to a year from now, and your strategies for overcoming these challenges.
Change Management Consultation Solution$50.00
Task 1: Change Management Consultation
You have been hired as a change management consultant for a manufacturing company. The leadership of the company currently uses a top-down management approach. The organizational structure is a hierarchy (pyramid type). Employees are not encouraged to be creative or make suggestions or decisions. They are also not encouraged to experiment and come up with new solutions to problems.
The company has grown rapidly over the past decade, from generating $1 million in sales to $100 million. In the past year, the company expanded its business internationally and now has 500 employees worldwide. Due to the rapid growth of the company, the organization has not invested in training and development opportunities for its employees to drive innovation and process improvements. Additionally, the company’s processes and software systems for inventory management have become antiquated.
As the change management consultant, you will provide a report for the executive leadership team where you diagnose the need for change and explain how to plan for change, how to implement change, and how to sustain change. You will also explain how the company can transition to a learning organization in order to be on the forefront of change and innovation.
A. Discuss the need for change for the company in the scenario using either the systems contingency model or the organizational life cycle model.
B. Describe the differences between a learning organization and a traditional organization.
1. Identify which stage of Woolner’s 5-stage model the company is currently in.
a. Explain why the company is currently in the identified stage of Woolner’s 5-stage model.
2. Explain how the company from the scenario would use Senge’s 5 disciplines to become a learning organization.
C. Identify the end result and the nature of change to take the company from a traditional organization to a learning organization using Balogun and Hope-Hailey’s model.
Note: You may either identify both the end result and nature of change individually or identify the name of the quadrant in Balogun and Hope-Hailey’s model that aligns to the end result and nature of change.
1. Explain why the end result and nature of change would be appropriate for the company in the scenario using Balogun and Hope-Hailey’s model.
D. Discuss how four steps of the action research model could be applied to the change process (traditional organization to learning organization) for the company in the scenario.
E. Recommend two innovation strategies that management could use to transition the company in the scenario from a traditional organization to a learning organization.
1. Explain how one recommended innovation strategy would be used by management in the company’s change process.
F. Discuss how four steps of Kotter’s 8-step model could be applied to the change process for the company in the scenario.
G. Explain how each of the five pillars of sustainable change could be applied to sustain the learning organization environment of the company in the scenario.
50% retained earnings and 50% bonds a good approach$5.00
- Imagine you are the manager of operations for a manufacturing company. Your vice president wants to expand production by building a new facility, and she would like you to develop a business case for the project. Assume that your company’s weighted average cost of capital is 13%, the after-tax cost of debt is 7%, preferred stock is 10.5%, and common equity is 15%. As you work on the business case, you surmise that this is a fairly risky project because of a recent slowing in product sales. In fact, when using the 13% weighted average cost of capital, you discover that the project is estimated to return about 10%, which is quite a bit less than the company’s weighted average cost of capital. Your vice president suggests that the project could be financed from a mix of retained earnings (50%) and bonds (50%). She reasons that retained earnings do not cost the company anything because it is cash you already have and the after-tax cost of debt is only 7%. That would lower your weighted average cost of capital to 3.5% and make your 10% projected return look great
- Is your vice president’s suggestion to use a mix of 50% retained earnings and 50% bonds a good approach for this expansion? Explain why or why not. (1 paragraph)
WMBA 6070 SF004 part 1$15.00
- Time Value of Money: Review the examples of Time Value of Money (TVM) problems in Chapter 5 of the text. (Fundamentals of Financial Management, 13th Edition)
- Using your own industry as the context, create and solve four of your own original TVM problems: (1) lump-sum present value, (2) lump-sum future value, (3) present value of an annuity, and (4) future value of an annuity. Your scenarios may be fictitious, but they should make sense in the real-life context of your industry.
- Write a 1-paragraph summary for each of your scenarios that explains the “real-life” context of these four problems as well your interpretations of each of the calculations. (4 paragraphs total)
- Bond Valuation: Do problem 7-6, Part a, on page 251. (Fundamentals of Financial Management, 13th Edition)
- Bond Pricing Interpretation: Explain what you see from the pricing calculations. How do the two bonds differ? (1 paragraph)
- Yield-to-Maturity and Yield-to-Call: Do problem 7-19, Parts a-c, on pages 252–53. (Fundamentals of Financial Management, 13th Edition)
- Constant Growth and Non-constant Growth Valuation: Do problems 9-2 and 9-4, Parts a–c, on page 324. (Fundamentals of Financial Management, 13th Edition)
Chapter 6 Solutions$15.00
NPV Project K costs $52,125, its expected cash inflows are $12,000 per year for 8 years, and its WACC is 12%. What is the project’s NPV?
IRR Refer to Problem 11-1. What is the project’s IRR?
CF0 = -52,125
CF1-8 = 12,000
MIRR Refer to Problem 11-1. What is the project’s MIRR?
PV Cost = 52,125
n = 8 years
i = 12%
PMT = 12000
PAYBACK PERIOD Refer to Problem 11-1. What is the project’s payback?
Year CF Cumulative CF
DISCOUNTED PAYBACK Refer to Problem 11-1. What is the project’s discounted payback?
NPV Your division is considering two projects with the following cash flows (in millions):
Project A ProjectB
Year 0 -25 -20
Year 1 5 10
Year 2 10 9
Year 3 17 6
CAPITAL BUDGETING CRITERIA A firm with a 14% WACC is evaluating two projects for this year’s capital budget. After-tax cash flows, including depreciation, are as follows:
Project A ProjectB
Year 0 -6000 -18000
Year 1 2000 5600
Year2 2000 5600
Year 3 2000 5600
Year 4 2000 5600
Year 5 2000 5600
CAPITAL BUDGETING CRITERIA: ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS A mining company is con-sidering a new project. Because the mine has received a permit, the project would be legal; but it would cause significant harm to a nearby river. The firm could spend an additional $10 million at Year 0 to mitigate the environmental problem, but it would not be required to do so. Developing the mine (without mitigation) would cost $60 million, and the expected cash inflows would be $20 million per year for 5 years. If the firm does invest in mitigation, the annual inflows would be $21 million. The risk-adjusted WACC is 12%.
CAPITAL BUDGETING CRITERIA: ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS An electric utility is consid-ering a new power plant in northern Arizona. Power from the plant would be sold in the Phoenix area, where it is badly needed. Because the firm has received a permit, the plant would be legal; but it would cause some air pollution. The company could spend an additional $40 million at Year 0 to mitigate the environmental problem, but it would not be required to do so. The plant without mitigation would cost $240 million, and the expected cash inflows would be $80 million per year for 5 years. If the firm does invest in mitigation, the annual inflows would be $84 million. Unemployment in the area where the plant would be built is high, and the plant would provide about 350 good jobs. The risk-adjusted WACC is 17%.
CAPITAL BUDGETING CRITERIA: MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE PROJECTS A firm with a WACC of 10% is considering the following mutually exclusive projects:
Years ProjectA ProjectB
0 -$400 -$600
1 $55 $300
2 $55 $300
3 $55 $50
4 $225 $50
5 $225 $49
Which project would you recommend? Explain.
4-23 DuPONT ANALYSIS SOLUTION$15.00
Taking the role of a financial analyst within the company, prepare an executive dashboard (performance report) on a large, publicly traded company of your choice (e.g., Cisco, Walmart, IBM, Apple, etc.) by computing and comparing its ratios against the 11 industry average ratios listed in Problem 4-23 on page 129 of the text.
It is imperative for you to understand the use of good academic writing (visit the Walden Writing Center), use of online library for academic resources (not internet sources), SEC.gov for financial filings (not annual reports from a company website), and most importantly, your job is to do vetting of anything companies claim on their websites. The use of Wikipedia, Investopedia, financial related websites, blogs, etc. is not appropriate for this competency.
- Use the provided Financial Ratio Excel Spreadsheet to show the computed financial ratios for your chosen company and industry averages. Prepare your performance report to show calculations for the 11 ratios listed on page 129, as well as a comparison of your computed ratios with industry averages. It is a good idea to be familiar with each industry’s classification! A good place to start is to look for the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and look for the industry of your chosen company through https://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/. Please notice how it is a US Government website, not a “.com”. Then, visit the Walden University Library and access the IBIS World database in order to look for the appropriate industry standards: https://ezp.waldenulibrary.org/login?url=https://clients1.ibisworld.com. The comparisons, including a list of your computations in a table, should be added as an appendix to the memo described below and submitted as a separate Excel spreadsheet.
- Write a memo (approximately 2–3 pages) to your supervisor explaining your findings and your recommendations for where improvements are needed to increase financial health. Be sure to Include the following:
- Areas within the company that are both above and below industry standards
- An explanation of the limitations of using ratio analysis
- The qualitative factors that play a role in improving the company’s financial health
In the memo, suggest some specific ways in which the company can plan to improve below industry average ratio performance over time. Suggest annual targets over the next three years to catch up with or surpass industry averages. Explain why your recommendations should be effective.
DuPONT ANALYSIS A firm has been experiencing low profitability in recent years. Perform an analysis of the firm’s financial position using the DuPont equation. The firm has no lease payments but has a $2 million sinking fund payment on its debt. The most recent industry average ratios and the firm’s financial statements are as follows:
Industry Average Ratios Current ratio 2× Fixed assets turnover 6× Total debt/Total assets 30% Total assets turnover 3× Times interest earned 7× Profit margin 3% EBITDA coverage 9× Return on total assets 9% Inventory turnover 10× Return on common equity 12.86% Days sales outstandinga 24 days
aCalculation is based on a 365-day year.
Balance Sheet as of December 31, 2012 (Millions of Dollars) Cash and equivalents $ 78 Accounts payable $ 45 Net receivables 66 Notes payable 45 Inventories 159 Other current liabilities 21 Total current assets $303 Total current liabilities $111 Long-term debt 24 Total liabilities $135 Gross fixed assets 225 Common stock 114 Less depreciation 78 Retained earnings 201 Net fixed assets $147 Total stockholders’ equity $315 Total assets $450 Total liabilities and equity $450 Income Statement for Year Ended December 31, 2012 (Millions of Dollars) Net sales $795.0 Cost of goods sold 660.0 Gross profit $135.0 Selling expenses 73.5 EBITDA $ 61.5 Depreciation expense 12.0 Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) $ 49.5 Interest expense 4.5 Earnings before taxes (EBT) $ 45.0 Taxes (40%) 18.0 Net income $ 27.0
- Calculate those ratios that you think would be useful in this analysis.
- Construct a DuPont equation and compare the company’s ratios to the industry average ratios.
- Do the balance sheet accounts or the income statement figures seem to be primarily responsible for the low profits?
- Which specific accounts seem to be most out of line relative to other firms in the industry?
- If the firm had a pronounced seasonal sales pattern or if it grew rapidly during the year, how might that affect the validity of your ratio analysis? How might you correct for such potential problems?
Starting and Naming Shania Business$5.00
Starting and Naming Shania Business
Shania Jackson is a mature Christian thinking of opening a Christian coffeehouse near Denver, Colorado. Her husband, Marvin, is open to making a contribution of capital to the business, but he has no interest in participating in its operation or management.
Shania’s sister, Kelsey, is a new Christian who has told Shania that she’s been looking for an excuse to get out of the house and would love to be a part of the business. Kelsey’s husband, a non-Christian, opposes his wife’s involvement and has told her that he expects her to remain a stay-at-home mom to their 2 children, ages 13 and 15.
Shania’s neighbor, Carlos, is a non-Christian who has also expressed an interest in participating in the business as a way to earn extra income. Carlos thinks the “Christian thing” has potential with all the big churches in the area, including a Mormon temple and a large Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
In researching the coffee business, Shania comes across a few franchise opportunities, some of which would require her to adopt the franchise name and trade dress, as well as others that would only require her to move into a turn-key facility and agree to purchase a certain volume of product every month for a period of at least 10 years. Both types of franchises offer training for her and any staff she might hire.
Shania has considered organizing her business as a sole proprietorship, a partnership of some sort, a corporation of some sort, an LLC, or even a joint venture. She is thinking of calling the business “The Gathering Place.”
Topic: Starting and Naming a Business
Before you complete the following steps, see the Discussion Board Forum 3 Case Study; the Discussion Board Forum – Thread and Discussion Board Forum – Replies Grading Rubrics; and the specific requirements of the posts, including length, scholarly sources, and citations.
Complete the following steps:
- Advise Shania on which of the business forms under consideration best accomplishes her business goals. Thoroughly explain the reasons for your
- Advise Shania on whether her company should become a franchise or should open as an independent coffeehouse. Explain your
- Perform a corporate name search at this hyperlink or website to determine if the name Shania is considering is available for use in the State of Colorado. Also assess whether the name is available as a trademark. Even if the name is available, advise Shania on whether it is a good choice. Explain why or why not.
- Advise Shania on which of the interested persons she should include in her business, why, and in what role(s). If she chooses not to take in a particular party, what reasons should she give each person, if any? Your analysis must include biblical perspectives, such as biblical considerations of marriage and of business relationships with non-believers.
Your thread must also be at least 1,000 words and follow the guidelines outlined in the Student Expectations.
To successfully post your thread, you must both (1) upload a Microsoft Word copy of the thread to the provided SafeAssign assignment link and (2) copy the content of the thread and paste it into the Discussion Board Forum. Do not post attachments in the forum; they will not be accepted or graded.
In preparing your replies, consider only the employee issues in question 4. Reply to the threads of 2 classmates who reached a different conclusion than you did. Identify the points of difference in your analyses and explain how your application of the relevant law to the facts of this situation led you to a different conclusion.
Then, assume that Shania opened her coffeehouse and became so successful that she has 20 employees and needs to promote 1 of them to be the night shift supervisor. The employee base is quite diverse; in fact, Shania believes she should promote a racial or ethnic minority employee to demonstrate how inclusive her business has become. Explore the legal, ethical, and biblical issues if Shania makes her promotion decision entirely on that basis. What are her options?
Each reply must be supported by 3 scholarly sources other than the textbook/course materials. Each reply must be properly cited in current APA format.