Showing 28–36 of 1822 results
Week 5 Health Care Terms Worksheet HCS/212 Version 3$3.50
Week 5 Health Care Terms Worksheet HCS/212 Version 3
Understanding health care terms is a prerequisite for both academic and professional success. This assignment is intended to ensure you understand some of the basic terms used in this course.
Complete the worksheet according to the following guidelines:
- In the space provided, write each term’s definition. You must define the term in your own words.
- In the space provided after each term’s definition, use the term in a sentence as it applies to the health care industry. You may wish to consider the following:
- How has it influenced heath care?
- What role has the term played as health care developed over the years?
Save the completed worksheet as a Microsoft® Word document with your name in the file name
Submit the file to your facilitator.
Individual Assignment: Reporting Practices and Ethics Paper$12.00
Individual Assignment: Reporting Practices and Ethics Paper
Resource: Grading criteria located in Week Two on your student website.Find two or three articles that address financial reporting practices and ethical standards in health care finance, including the following topics:
- Generally accepted accounting principles
- Corporate compliance, ethics, or fraud and abuse
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper on the financial management of health care organizations, integrating your research articles.
- Include a summary of the four elements of financial management.
- Include a summary of generally accepted accounting practices and general financial ethical standards.
- Provide examples from the articles that reflect ethical standards of conduct and financial reporting practices.
- Explain the significance of each example.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines
Health Care Financial Terms Worksheet$5.00
Week One Health Care Financial Terms Worksheet HCS/405 Version 6
Week One Health Care Financial Terms Worksheet
Understanding health care financial terms is a prerequisite for both academic and professional success. This assignment is intended to ensure you understand some of the basic terms used in this course.
Complete the worksheet below according to the following guidelines:
- In the space provided, write each term’s definition as used in health care management. You must define the term in your own words.
- In the space provided after each term’s definition, summarize a health care management scenario that illustrates the importance of the skill, concept, procedure, or tool to which the term refers. In the scenario, you may wish to consider the following:
- Why is the skill, concept, procedure, or tool necessary for accurate record keeping, operational efficiency, excellent patient services, employee management, regulatory compliance, reducing costs, forecasting, and so forth?
- What successes are enabled by an adequate understanding or appropriate application of the skill, concept, procedure, or tool?
- What risks or failures are associated with an inadequate understanding or inappropriate application of the skill, concept, procedure, or tool?
Save the completed worksheet as a Microsoft® Word document with your name in the file name.
Submit the file to your instructor
Financial Statement Review ACC/561 Version 5$5.00
University of Phoenix Material
Financial Statement Review
This financial statement review is for Capital One Financial Corporation. The below link is for the most up-to-date financial information for the company
What is the net income for the current fiscal year? Is it up or down from the prior year? Why would this information be important to investors?
What is the ending balance in stockholders’ equity? Why would a labor union potentially be interested in this information?
What is the total value of assets? Why would this information be important to a potential creditor?
What is the total cash flow from operation?
What financial statement user would find this information most important?
HCS 405 Week 4 Simulation Review$12.00
HCS 405 Week 4 Simulation Review
Complete the following tasks before beginning the simulation:
- Save and print the Simulation Aid document. You will need to reference it as youcomplete the simulation.
- Review the assignment instructions and have an extra sheet of paper ready for taking notes as you complete the simulation.
Complete the Health Care Financial Accounting simulation. In the simulation, you are in charge of a fictitious health care organization facing financial difficulties. You must complete the followingtasks:
- Phase 1: Capital Shortage – Analyze the working capital shortage presented in the simulation
- Phase 2: Funding Options for Equipment Acquisition – Evaluate funding options for acquiring medical equipment
- Phase 3: Funding Options for Capital Expansion – Evaluate funding options forcapital expansion
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper analyzing the decisions you made in the simulation. Include the following in the paper:
Phase I: Capital Shortage
- Analyze which cost-cutting options you selected and why.
- Analyze which loan option you selected and why.
- Analyze the outcome of your capital shortage decision.
Phase II: Funding Options for Equipment Acquisition
- Evaluate which cost-effective equipment selections you made and why.
- Evaluated the outcome of your cost-effective equipment acquisition decision.
Phase III: Funding Options for Capital Expansion
- Evaluate which source of funding for capital expansion you selected and why.
- Evaluate the outcome of your source of funding for capital expansion decision.
Summary and Conclusions
- Explain what you learned from this simulation.
- Explain what you would do differently if you performed the simulation again.
- Explain how you will apply what you learned from the simulation at your current or future job.
Support your ideas, analysis, and conclusions with references to scholarly external sources, such as the textbook and journal articles.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Individual Assignment – E-Business Paper$10.00
E-Business Paper wk 2 acc 340
Individual Assignment – E-Business Paper
Select an organization that started as a brick-and-mortar business and is now engaged in e-business, such as Toys” R” Us or The Depot.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper explaining how e-business has affected your selected organization’s business processes. Analyze the advantages, limitations, and risks of using or not using the Internet for business activities. your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Accounting Assignment: Variable vs. marginal costing$7.00
Accounting Assignment: Variable vs. marginal costingInstructions:
Costing Methods Paper
Complete Exercise 19-17 from the Wiley Plus software.
Polk Company builds custom fishing lures for sporting goods stores. In its first year of operations, 2012, the company incurred the following costs.
Variable Cost per Unit
Direct materials $7.73
Direct labor $2.52
Variable manufacturing overhead $5.92
Variable selling and administrative expenses $4.02
Fixed Costs per Year
Fixed manufacturing overhead $239,522
Fixed selling and administrative expenses $247,303
Polk Company sells the fishing lures for $25.75. During 2012, the company sold 80,000 lures and produced 94,300 lures.
(a) Assuming the company uses variable costing, calculate Polk’s manufacturing cost per unit for 2012. (Round answer to 2 decimal places, e.g.10.50.)
Manufacturing cost per unit $
(b) Prepare a variable costing income statement for 2012.
For the Year Ended December 31, 2012
(c) Assuming the company uses absorption costing, calculate Polk’s manufacturing cost per unit for 2012. (Round answer to 2 decimal places, e.g.10.50.)
Manufacturing cost per unit $
(d) Prepare an absorption costing income statement for 2012.
For the Year Ended December 31, 2012
After completing the assignment, write a paper of no more than 350 words in which you respond to the following questions:
- In this case, would it be better to use the variable or absorption costing method, and why?
- What are the benefits of the two methods?
- Which method would lead to the best decision when a competitor is submitting a lower bid for your product?
The paper does not have to be in APA format.
Managerial Perspective Paper$5.00
WileyPLUS Assignment Paper Exercise 17-2
Access the following Week 4 reading, linked to this assignment:• Broadening Your Perspective 17-2Complete the Broadening Your Perspective 17-2 activity titled “Managerial Perspective” in Ch. 17 of Accounting. You need to answer all four parts and show the details for your answers for parts a, b, and c. Part D is a written response and should be approximately 100 to 150 words long.Writea paper of no more than 750 words in which you respond to the Broadening Your Perspective 17-2 activity titled “Managerial Perspective” in Ch. 17 ofAccounting.Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Service Development Team Project$37.50
Service Development Team Project
Coffee on the Go Project
This is a team project. The purpose of this project is for your team to propose a new service offering. Strong projects will be original and creative, with strong empiric evidence of potential viability. This project has a set of key deliverables:
- The outline of the service itself. This section should include, but is not limited to, the following points of discussion:
- What is the current unmet or underserved need of consumers?
- What is the current (imperfect) solution that consumers are selecting in the absence of your offering?
- Competitive analysis – who are the main competitors, what do they offer, what are their strengths and weaknesses relative to your proposed company?
- Consumer analysis – who are the consumers that you will be focusing on as your target market?
- Full description of your service offering
- Marketing plan (4+3 P’s)
- Complete service blueprint for your service
- Empiric support (primary research)
- Research should focus on customer perceptions of both current offerings as well as your proposed offering.
- Research can take the form of one or more of the following:
- Focus groups
- Depth interviews
- Research results should be presented in a manner appropriate to the method of research employed, and should have enough data points (i.e., participants) to be convincing and representative
- Financial feasibility
- This section consists of a series of projections, including:
- Price being charged
- Variable costs incurred
- This section consists of a series of projections, including:
- Fixed/Overhead costs
- Anticipated sales volume (first year, second year, third year)
- Venture profitability projections based on the above
- Please note that while these projections will be primarily estimates, I would like you to provide strong justification/rationale for these estimates
Project charter: Objectives enumerated, approach planned (what do you plan to do), timeline; (1-2 pages long). In completing the proposal remember:
- You need to clearly explain to me what your service idea is and why you think it could be successful
- Establish roles within the team (e.g., project leader, research leader, etc.). Effective teams are ones in which all members have clearly outlined responsibilities.
- What is your proposed research approach to support the viability of your plan?
- Decide on timeline and what to do first
- I need to approve the business you outline before you begin.
The body is likely to be 15-20 pages long, double-spaced, 1” margins, 12-point Times New Roman font (10 pages minimum, 20 pages is the maximum, and includes any figures and tables, but does not include title page or citations).
Use the material from the class on research methods and the text and readings on what firms need to do to be a strong service provider. Use this information to help you in evaluating how well the competition is doing on service as well as how effectively you could address any of their shortcomings. Use references to note where you are drawing this information from unless it is from your head or from your own research. Your paper should fully elaborate on research methods used.
Peer Evaluation: Alongside your paper submission, you will evaluate the participation of your group members. Remember, lack of participation will significantly damage your project grade. I reserve the right to assign a grade of zero on this project to any individual who receives an average score of 2 or less out of 5.
You will have an opportunity to present your project as a group to the rest of the class at the end of the semester. Presentations will be approximately 10-12 minutes, with time for questions. All group members are expected to present in a manner consistent with a business presentation. This means that you should not have cue cards, should not be reading verbatim off of slides, and should be engaging the audience with energy and eye contact.
Grading: Project charter 25 pts., Class presentation 50 pts., Written paper 150 pts., Peer review 25 pts. Total 250 pts.