Comparison-contrast essay on the ideas of parenting of Amy Chua and of Hanna Rosin.
The sixth option is to write a comparison-contrast essay on the ideas of parenting of Amy Chua and of Hanna Rosin. This option does not involve analyzing MOOCs or online education at all. It might be a nice option if you do not prefer to write on the topic of MOOCs or online education. Please click here for the instructions.
- Comparison-Contrast Essay
In this essay, you will either compare and contrast two authors or you will take the position of one author and respond to another author. Reading material will be provided to you on this assignment.
You have various options for Writing Assignment #1. The options are listed at the following url:
Your first draft is due by the end of Week 2. Submit your draft as an attachment (Microsoft Word is preferred) to this assignment folder This should be as complete a draft as possible, in order to receive the most helpful feedback.
During Week 3, you will receive feedback on your draft.
By the end of Week 4, submit your revised essay as an additional attachment to this same assignmet folder. This version will be graded. The following rubric will be used:
- Introduction and thesis: Topic is introduced in an engaging way and essay has a clear and effective thesis statement. (10 points)
- Body content:Essay supports the thesis statement with strong, well-reasoned support. (30 points)
- Body organization: Body Organization: Essay is logically organized into focused paragraphs. (15 points)
- Conclusion: Essay has an effective concluding paragraph that reflects and/or looks forward. (10 points)
- Sources: Essay gives credit to the source authors by citing the authors’ names in parentheses for all quotes and paraphrases. (5 points)
- Mechanics: Essay uses standard English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and diction. (25 points)
- Essay length and format: Essay is 1000-1200 words (5 points)