Individual Client Health History and Examination
NRS-434V Week 5 Benchmark: Individual Client Health History and Examination
In this assignment, you will be completing a health assessment on an older adult. To complete this assignment, do the following:
1. Perform a health history on an older adult. Students who do not work in an acute setting may “practice” these skills with a patient, community member, neighbor, friend, colleague, or loved one. (If an older individual is not available, you may choose a younger individual).
2. Complete a physical examination of the client using the “Individual Health History and Examination Assignment” resource. Use the “Functional Health Pattern Assessment” resource as a guideline to assist you in completing the template.
3. Document findings of complete physical examination in Situation-Background-Assessment-Recommendation (SBAR) format. Refer to the sample SBAR Template located on the National Nurse Leadership Council website at www.ihs.gov/NNLC/documents/resources/SBARTEMPLATE.pdf.
4. as a guide. Document the findings of the physical examination in the assessment worksheet.
5. Using the “Individual Health History and Examination Assignment” resource, provide the physical examination findings summary with planned interventions for the client. Include any community services in the interventions.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected