Impact of low socioeconomic status (SES) on the health outcomes of elderly people
The essay will assess the following unit learning outcome:
* Analyse the impact of factors that influence health and well-being.
Details of essay
Select one essay question from the list below and discuss in a maximum of 1500 words how this determinant influences the physical and/or mental health and/or well-being of the target group of Australians.
Your answer should include:
– Background to the determinant including any relevant statistics and;
– Evidence of how the determinant influences the physical and/or mental health and wellbeing of the identified target group of Australians, i.e. relevant health behaviours as well as health outcomes- there may be multiple impacts including physical, mental and social.
- The impact of the determinant on physical and/or mental health may be positive and/or negative.
- You may not be able to discuss every aspect of the determinant and their impact on health within the maximum word limit; therefore you may need to limit your discussion to the major aspects of the determinant and their impact on health. For example, you may choose to limit your discussion to the impact on either physical or mental health or to a subset of aspects or examples of the determinant. Your introduction is the ideal place to outline the scope of your essay. If you have any questions please discuss with your tutors.
- Please refer ‘The 10 Solid Facts’ which will give you background information on the social determinants.
|1||Discuss how low socioeconomic status (SES) can impact on the health outcomes of elderly people.|
|2||Discuss how employment (or unemployment) can impact on the health outcomes of people with disabilities.|
|3||Discuss how living in a remote area (isolation) can impact on the health outcomes of all Australian adults (please do not just focus on Australian Aboriginal populations).|
|4||Discuss how access to services (or lack of access to services) can impact on the health outcomes of migrants and/or refugees in Australia.|
|5||Discuss how food security can impact on the health outcomes of people of low socio-economic status.|