War Essay Topics: Comprehensive List
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of major political events that shaped contemporary geopolitics?
For many people, the answer is war. Throughout history, opposing interests between states have often led to armed conflict, which has in turn had a profound impact on the course of global events. Some of the most significant wars of the 20th century include World War I, World War II, and the Vietnam War. These conflicts caused widespread death and destruction, but they also led to major political and social changes.
If you are interested in writing an essay about war, there are many different topics you could choose from. Here are a few ideas:
- The causes and consequences of World War I
- The rise of fascism and the outbreak of World War II
- The Vietnam War: A turning point in American history
- The use of nuclear weapons in war
- The impact of war on civilians
You can also choose to focus on a specific battle or campaign, or on the role of a particular individual or group in a war. No matter what topic you choose, make sure to do your research and provide evidence to support your claims.
If you are not sure where to start, I would be happy to help you brainstorm some ideas. I can also provide you with a list of resources that you can use to do your research.
Civil War Essay Topics
Wars provoked by interstate opposing forces often turn out to be the bloodiest, with a great number of innocent victims and casualties. Our team gathered some of the most controversial civil war topics for you to do extensive research and write a persuasive essay on:
- Advantages of Northern States in the American Civil War
- Policies of Abraham Lincoln as the foundation of the Democratic Party in the US
- Jim Crow laws and their influence on the partition between Northern and Southern states of America
- The legality of secession from the perspectives of the Union and Confederacy in the American Civil War
- Impacts of the separation of Southern states on altered power politics between Democrats and Republicans
- The Origins of the Abolition Movement in American civil war
- Comparison between the social conditions of enslaved and free African Americans in 19th-century America
- Abraham Lincoln’s leadership
- Case study: Iraq War between 2014-17
- Involvement of American women in the civil war
- Importance of the Battle of Atlanta in the American civil war
- Main causes of civil war in England
- Growth of Corporations in the post-civil War America
- Civil rights movements in the aftermath of the civil war
- Key leaders and parties involved from Southern and Northern states during the American civil war
- Ways the civil war led the American Economy to Flourish
Students can choose from a variety of Civil War essay topics listed above and give our team of experts a directive to write an essay for me, or simply select civil war topics for research and pay for research paper.
World War 1 Topics for a Paper
Ongoing discussion between scholars internationally regarding the main causes of the first world war never leaves a curious mind disappointed. It’s a primary reason why we encourage you to dedicate your history class essay to the broad historical event such as world war I. Our experts advise you to glimpse through these world war 1 topics for a paper:
- World War I Propaganda and its Effect on Germany
- The Effect of the industrial revolution on world war I
- Versailles Treaty and its influence on the upcoming World war
- Involvement of South Caucasus states in world war I
- Inclusion of Native Americans in the world war I
- Usage of airplanes throughout world war I
- The aftermath of world war I for Entente
- International Relations in the Aftermath of world war I
- Major causes of Germany’s isolation in European politics after WWI
- Analysis of wwi based on Immanuel Kant’s philosophical sketch ‘Perpetual Peace.’
- Putting Woodrow Wilson’s ’14 Points’ into practice after WWI
- The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand: Origins of WWI?
- Reasons for Italy’s neutrality before 1915 (WWI context)
- Role of the airplanes throughout WWI
- Reasons for Intervention in WWI: Case of America
Students are welcome to use our essay writer service and trust our experts to craft a winning essay on war and WWI essay topics based on your demands.
WW2 Research Topics
Let’s jump from WWI research paper topics to the next major historical event that again took place on the continent of Europe. The breakout of the Second World War originated from unjust actions taken and reforms ratified by the member states of the Entente toward Germany. Take this chance to reflect on the thought-provoking ww2 research topics mentioned below and choose the one you find most insightful:
- Effect of world war ii propaganda Posters in the Soviet Union and its Influence on the Formation of public opinion
- The Intervention of united states military in Japan: Case of Pearl Harbor
- Military conflicts in Asia in the aftermath of World War II
- Soviet-Japanese border conflict: Probable cause of WWII
- Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact and its impact on strengthening ties between the Soviet Union and Germany
- Major reasons for opening up Eastern Front in 1941 by Axis Powers
- Impact of Battles of Stalingrad and Midway on the Power of Germany throughout world war ii
- Economic relations between US and Japan in World War II
- Foreign Policy of the US after World War II
- Importance of Aviation in World War II
- Effect of world war ii on african americans and their immigration
- Cuban missile crisis in the aftermath of World War II
- Influence of the Nazi Regime on Eastern Europe during World War II
- Analysis of the Cold War Period in the post-WWII international order
- World war ii influenced the development of international organizations
Military Essay Topics
Military intervention is a core driving force behind warfare and not only. Establishing an organized military order is one of the essential contributing factors to maintaining international security. Let’s take a look at some of the military essay topics:
- Importance of foreign deployments for American foreign policy
- The management of racism throughout the military sector in the USA
- Steps of eliminating fratricide throughout different national armed forces
- Analysis of acceptance rates of heterosexual individuals in the military
- The problem of substance abuse in the armed forces
- Advances in military technology throughout the last decade
- Guided process of joining the military in the USA
- The appropriate age spectrum to join the military forces
- Contemporary American and Chinese military technology
- The intervention of military forces in the politics of Iran
- Military Modernization: Cases of China and Israel
- Military Development in the Chinese Era after Mao Zedong
- Characteristics that make up a profound military leader
- Military strategy case study: Afghanistan war
- Military health care: a comparative analysis of the cases of America and China
American History Argumentative Essay Topics
The land of America counts a few centuries of existence as an independent state. Leaders and, most importantly, the people of the United States have succeeded in establishing world dominance in such a brief timeframe. So, crafting an essay on American history argumentative essay topics would not be such a bad idea.
- Did Christopher Columbus really discover America?
- What kind of role did British rule play in North America?
- Did Spanish Colonization lay the foundation for Latin American identity?
- Is there any evidence of the unjust treatment of Indian Americans from the 18th century?
- How important is the philosophical discipline of Transcendentalism for American culture?
- What changed in race relations from the progressive era till modernity?
- Did capitalism originate from the era of American colonization?
- Is it historically correct to direct pop culture in America to ‘the roaring twenties’?
- Did the benefits of policies undertaken by the Trump administration surpass the ones under Biden?
- Did the Iraq war go against the interests of American leaders?
- Was Obama’s healthcare reforms beneficial for American society?
- Did the civil action pioneered by Martin Luther King encourage Malcolm X to act?
- Are there any conflicting gender issues connected to the policies of Jim Crow?
- Did the War on Drugs target Black minorities in the US?
- How real is the Hollywood depiction of American culture?
Vietnam War Essay Topics
Have you ever visited countries on the continent of Asia? Contemporary world history projects the importance of Asian lands as strategic locations for waging chemical, aerial, and other types of war between dominant powers. Such was the case during the Vietnam War. Think about writing an essay on these Vietnam War essay topics:
- The strategic role of the Gulf of Tonkin Incident during the Vietnam War
- The Role of Women during the Vietnam War
- Establishing the ‘Flower Power’ movement in the USA as a response to the Vietnam war
- Causes and Consequences of the US Losing at Vietnam War
- Importance of Protests and Music in Relation to the Vietnam War
- Analysis of the Vietnam War timeline from 1961 to 1964
- Comparison of military operations in the Vietnam War and Korean War
- Major Causes of Breaking out Vietnam War
- Reasons for China Supporting North Vietnam in the War of Vietnam
- Polarizing American society due to Vietnam War
- Influence of Ho Chi Minh on the Vietnam War
- Case study: Perspectives of African American leaders towards Vietnam War
- The opposition between China and Vietnam during the Third Vietnam War
- Role of John Kerry during the Vietnam War
- The intervention of Media and its influence on shaping public perception of American society during the Vietnam War
More Army Essay Topics
Ready to get extra inspired? Glance through some more war essay topics:
- The origins of the invention of the war concept
- Controlling the mental disorders in military personnel
- Military Analysis of the Korean War
- The appliance of the constitution to being a head office of the national military alliance
- Reformation of the military branch throughout Trump’s presidency
- The political organization and military alliance in the ottoman empire and modern Turkey
- Military Analysis of the 1948 Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Military Analysis of the Fall of the Roman Empire
- Cases of Military Dictatorship: Brazil
- Cases of Military Dictatorship: Nigeria
- Afghan War: military strategies
- Differences between civilian and military tribunals
- American civil war: implemented military strategies
- French and American military involvement in Haiti
- The Intervention of Military Social Workers
FAQs on Writing a War Essay
- What is a war essay?
A war essay is a type of essay that examines a specific historical event involving military or non-military conflict. It should cover the main background, causes, effects, and consequences of the event.
- What should I include in a war essay?
A war essay should include a clear thesis statement, supporting arguments, and evidence. The thesis statement should be a concise statement of the main point of the essay. The supporting arguments should provide evidence to support the thesis statement. The evidence can be in the form of quotes from historical sources, statistics, or personal anecdotes.
- How should I structure my war essay?
A war essay should be structured in the following way:
* Introduction: The introduction should provide a brief overview of the topic of the essay and introduce the thesis statement. * Body paragraphs: The body paragraphs should each focus on one supporting argument. Each paragraph should begin with a topic sentence that states the main point of the paragraph. The rest of the paragraph should provide evidence to support the topic sentence. * Conclusion: The conclusion should restate the thesis statement and summarize the main points of the essay. It should also leave the reader with something to think about.
Writing a war essay can be a challenging task, but it can also be a rewarding one. By following the tips in this FAQ, you can write a well-researched and informative war essay that will earn you a high grade.