Showing 19–27 of 419 results
Whistleblowing and Sarbanes-Oxley$7.00
LEG 500 Week 3 Assignment 1 Whistleblowing and Sarbanes-Oxley
Use the Internet or Library to research instances of whistleblowing in publicly traded companies within the last 12 months.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe the key characteristics of a whistleblower, and briefly summarize one (1) researched instance of whistleblowing in one (1) publicly traded company within the last 12 months.
- Include the details of the issue that the whistleblower reported and the effect of the whistleblower’s actions on both the whistleblower himself and the company.
- Decide whether or not the whistleblower was justified in reporting the company’s actions.Provide a rationale for your response.
- Examine the extent to which the whistleblower would be protected under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Justify your response.
Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Determine the underlying causes for passage of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and determine protections afforded to whistleblowers.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in law, ethics, and corporate governance. Write clearly and concisely about law, ethics, and corporate governance using proper writing mechanics.
HIUS 308 Final Essay: American Way of War$17.50
Do you believe it is correct to describe an American way of war? If so, has it existed consistently throughout the period covered or has it evolved? If you say it has not existed throughout why not?
LAW/421 Role and Functions of Law Paper$7.00
LAW 421 Week 1 Individual Assignment Role and Functions of Law Paper
Resource: Case Brief Cipollone v. Liggett Group, Inc., et al. inCh. 2, section 2-6, “Commerce Powers,” of the text
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you define the functions and role of law in business and society. Discuss the functions and role of law in your past or present job or industry. Properly cite at least two references from your reading.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Forum Week 6 Case Study on pp. 320-321$7.50
ITMG381 381 Forum Week 6
Read the case study on pp. 320-321 ofthe textbook and answer the following questions. Minimum of 300 words for all 4questions in APA format:
1. In this case, the parties eventually settled, and Dr. Lee went on to run the Google China initiative. If you were running Microsoft, what would you have done differently in this situation?
2. Considering that this is a common scenario, how do you recommend companies to respond in the future?
Read the case study on pp. 345-346 of the textbook and answer the following questions:
3. Based on the standards articulated in the case summary, should the state be allowed to impose a use tax on Quill even though it does not have a physical presence in the state?
4. Is this the right decision? Should a state be able to impose income taxes on a company whether or not it has a physical presence, as the state supreme court held? Or was the U.S. Supreme Court correct?
Ferrera, Reder, Bird, Darrow,Aresty, Klosek & Lichtenstein(2012)
Special Topics Collection: Cyberlaw – Text and Cases, Southwestern CengageLearning
Explain why Jim Crow emerge in the South$10.00
Explain why Jim Crow emerge in the South and how it was implemented. Also discuss how effective African Americans were in confronting the racial issues that Jim Crow engendered
POL 110 Week 6 Assignment 1 What Is Federalism?$12.50
Assignment 1: What Is Federalism?
Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper on American federalism in which you:
- Provide three (3) examples of how federalism has evolved from its origins to the American political system in place today.
- Examine three to five (3-5) factors that have allowed the concept of federalism to shape American political behavior.
- Discuss at least two (2) factors that illustrate how the relationship between the states and the U.S. federal government influences the creation of American policies overall.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites to not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are to:
- Determine how the Constitution divides power between the state and federal governments.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the field of U.S. government and politics.
Write clearly and concisely about U.S. government and politics using proper writing mechanics
Juvenile and Adult Courts: A Comparative Analysis Paper$12.50
CJA 374 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Juvenile and Adult Courts A Comparative Analysis
Write a 1,000 to 1,500 word paper comparing and contrasting Juvenile Court with Adult Court. Include the following in your paper:
- An overview of the juvenile justice system
- A point by point comparison between juvenile and adult courts
- The implications for the youthful offender of the trend toward increasing the use of waivers or remanding juveniles to adult court for processing
- The societal implications of abolishing juvenile court
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines
A case of Corruption Index (Australia and New Zealand)$25.00
A case of Corruption Index (Australia and New Zealand)
- Do you think, Australia’s sliding reputation in corruption perception index is reflective of the way Australian government and businesses operate globally?
- Could they affect the way non-Australian business entities operate in Australia as well?
- What are the steps Australian governments requires to take in order to stop the slide and make both public and private sector operators more ethically responsible in their activities locally and internationally?
LGE 500 Week 10 Discussion 2$12.50
“Short- and Long- Run Impact”
Please respond to the following:
Evaluate the overall effectiveness of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act to date, and determine who has benefitted most from the passage of the act. Provide two specific examples to support your response.
From the e-Activity, analyze how easy or difficult it may be for officers and managers of organizations to stay in strict compliance with SEC rules and for consumers, investors, and regulators to detect errors. Then, determine at least one action that CEOs and boards can take to improve compliance.