Showing 19–27 of 372 results
A Day in Cosplay Subculture$15.00
A Day in Cosplay Subculture
This assignment is meant to introduce you to the concept of original research. It will increase your ability to read critically by introducing you to how the studies you consult in a researched argument come into being at a basic and pragmatic level. You will have the ability to increase your own research skills by being introduced to a repertoire of observation methods. This would also broaden your scope of inquiry through the use of methods different from the ones you are accustomed to, and will give you an insight and practice for nonacademic applications of research. Par excellence, your original research will permit you to make a unique contribution to the ongoing intellectual conversation.
In a two-page essay, you will provide a focused description of the subculture you are studying as well as provide some insight on the meaning of your observation. Your description should be based on what you have observed using a rigorous method of discovery. It could include a description of the place, the people, the events, the routines, the atmosphere, etc. in your subculture. Incorporate two photographs of the setting in your essay. Your observation notes should also be submitted with the paper.
Use APA style
1 and ½ space
Title your paper
Use Times New Roman 12
Leave 1″ margins
III. Evaluation Criteria
The substance of your essay will be evaluated on how your audience is able to visualize the culture being described. Your description should incorporate sensory details such as visual details – description of place, its people, and its artifacts, aural details – how quiet or noisy is the setting, olfactory (smell) details – how the place smell like, gustatory (taste) details, and/or tactile (touch) details. Another criterion on which you will be assessed represents how well you maintain a balance between being an outsider (Martian) and while getting an insider point of view (Convert). Use a clear organization. Be clear, engaging, and error-free.
Theory of the interlocking treadmills of production and consumption$10.00
Application of the theory of the interlocking treadmills of production and consumption to schoolwork
Activity – Applying Theories:
Apply the theory of the interlocking treadmills of production and consumption to schoolwork and the pressure to get a degree, and then an advanced degree, and so on. For example, consider the rising levels of qualifications required to gain a good-paying job and the rising levels of consumption expectations that define what a “good-paying job” is and submit a paper. The paper must be double spaced, minimum two-pages in length, and in APA format.
CWV 101 Role Model Essay: Billy Graham$7.50
CWV 101 Role Model Essay: Billy Graham
Compare/Contrast the Role Model’s Values and Actions with My Worldview Experience
- Social Issues
- Nature of God
Is This an Individual I Would Choose as My Role Model??
Monotheistic Religion Elements Matrix 1$5.00
Monotheistic Religion Elements Matrix 1
HUM/130 Version 6 Monotheistic Religion Elements Matrix 1
Monotheistic Religion Elements Matrix
Judaism Christianity Islam
Countries of origin
Historical figures and events
Nature of God
Ritual and practice
Ethics and morality
Jainism vs. Sikhism Worksheet$7.00
REL 133 Week 2 Jainism vs. Sikhism
Review the readings and other outside sources for information on the two religions.
Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Jainism vs. Sikhism.
Cite at least three (3) references in addition to the textbook.
Jainism vs. Sikhism
Read the assigned chapters for the week and complete the following table. Be as specific as possible when identifying practices, beliefs, rituals, and historical elements. Cite sources in APA formatting.
Respond to the following questions in 150 to 200 words:
1. What do you think is the most important similarity and which is the most important difference? Use specifics to support your answer.
2. Consider the following statement: Sallekhana (“holy death”) violates the Jain principle of ahimsa because it is an act of violence against oneself. Using examples from Ch. 5 of your text, what points might a follower of Jainism make to argue against this statement?
How Japanese culture affected Panasonic$7.50
Week 1 Hw: How Japanese culture affected Panasonic
- What were the triggers of cultural change in Japan during the 1990s? How is cultural change starting to affect traditional values in Japan?
- How might Japan’s changing culture influence the way Japanese businesses operate in the future? What are the potential implications of such changes for the Japanese economy?
- How did traditional Japanese culture benefit Panasonic during the 1950s–1980s? Did traditional values become more of a liability during the 1990s and early 2000s? How so?
- What is Panasonic trying to achieve with human resource changes it has announced? What are the impediments to successfully implementing these changes? What are the implications for Panasonic if (a) the changes are made quickly or (b) it takes years or even decades to fully implement the changes?
- What does the Panasonic case teach you about the relationship between societal culture and business success?
REL 133 Week 4 Shinto Illustration$5.00
REL 133 Week 4 Shinto Illustration
Access the Shinto Art Creator tool.
Write a 350- to 700-word summary of Shinto practices that still exist today.
Create an illustration representative of the Shinto religion, based on the beliefs of openness, use of nature, and deliberate simplicity. Be prepared to discuss.
Format your paper and any additional materials consistent with APA guidelines.
Cite resources used. No need to cite the Shinto Art creator.
REL 133 week 4 Daoism Worksheet$10.00
Complete the following questions in detail. Answer each question with a 1- or 2-paragraph response that includes a reference citation. Make use of Experiencing the World’s Religions and other sources in your research as you complete the questions.
- 1. Describe the principles of yang and yin.
- 2. The main scripture in Daoism is the Daodejing (Tao Te Ching). What is the history and importance of this text for the tradition?
- 3. How are Daoist ideals expressed through art? Offer several example
- 4. What challenges does Daoism face in the modern world?
- 5. Explain a situation to which following the Daoist principle of wu wei might be beneficial to you or others. In what situation might following the principle of wu wei be harmful in some way?
REL 133 Week 4 Confucianism Paper$5.00
REL 133 Week 4 Confucianism Paper
Write a 350- to 700-word essay on Confucianism that addresses the following topics:
- What are the Five Great Relationships?
- How is the Ideal Person to act? (You must refer to the concepts of ren, li, shu, xiao, and wen.)
- What is the role of Confucianism in Chinese culture and society today?
Cite at least three (3) references in addition to the textbook.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.