Showing 28–36 of 372 results
REL 133 Week 2 Hindu Gods – Hinduism$15.00
REL 133 Week 2 Hindu Gods
Visit the Sanatan Society website and select one deity to research.
Write a paper (1,500 words) or Prepare an 8- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation (with Speaker’s Notes) that addresses the following:
- Provide a brief history of Hinduism.
- Summarize the mythology and functions of one Hindu god or goddess.
- What is the role of the sacred texts in Hinduism?
- Define these concepts in Hinduism: maya, karma, moksha, samsara, and atman.
Cite at least three (3) references in addition to the textbook.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
Eth 125 Week 1 DQs$10.00
Eth 125 Week 1 DQs
Week 1 DQ 1
• If you were to introduce yourself by the ethnic, racial, or other identities to which you feel you belong, what would you say? Do you consider yourself a “typical” American? Why or why not?
Week 1 DQ 2
• Do you think it is human nature to categorize people? Why or why not?
Week 1 DQ 3
• Name a famous person whom you would consider a “typical” American. What characteristics of this individual do you think make her or him typical? Do you consider these characteristics a stereotype? Why, or why not?
Week 1 DQ 4
• Do you think it is human nature to categorize people? Why or why not?
Week 1 DQ 5
• Do you feel diversity is important or unimportant? Why?
Cultural Studies: Walt Disney’s Frontierland$10.00
Week 6. Cultural Studies III. Text: “Walt Disney’s Frontierland”
- Identify the thesis of the article in 3 quotes (from 3 different pages):
- What is the relationship between maps and everyday life (experience), according to the author?
- What does Disneyland mean for America (and the world)?
- “it was the innocence of youth envisioning new empires.” Explain.
- P. 172. Disney was “both storyteller and cartographer in Frontierland.” Explain.
- Everyday life, in Disneyland Frontierland, is somewhere between culture and nature. Discuss briefly.
Bis303 Week 7 Case Study – Marriage and Family$7.50
Bis303 Week 7 Case Study – Marriage and Family
1.What factors bind marriages and families together? How have these factors changed, and how has the divorce rate been affected?
2. How is “his” divorce different from “her” divorce? How are these differences related to society’s gender expectations? In your observation, are the descriptions given in this chapter accurate assessments of divorce outcomes for men and women today?
3.The remarried family has been called an incomplete institution. What does this mean? How does this affect the people involved in a remarriage? Include a discussion of kin networks and family law. Do you think this situation is changing?
4.What evidence can you gather from observation or your own personal experience or both to show that stepfamilies (a) may be more culturally acceptable today than in the past and (b) remain negatively stereotyped as not as functional or as normal as first-marriage, nuclear families?
5.Apply the exchange, interactionist, structure-functionalist, or ecological perspective (see Chapter 2) to the process of providing elder care.
ETH/125 MySocLab Social Explorer Map$5.00
ETH/125 African American week 6
Complete the following using the MySocLab Social Explorer Map: Income Inequality by Race (located on the student website) as a reference:
· Select 1 racial group from the list below:
o African American
o Asian American
o Arab American
o Hispanic American/Latino
· Write a 150- to 300-word summary of the economic, social, and political standings of that group. Use additional resources if necessary, from the University Library or your textbooks. Provide citations for all the sources you use.
Answer the following in 50 to 150 words each. Provide citations for all the sources you use.
· What is racism? In what ways does racism affect diversity?
· How do racial groups interact in contemporary America? Are interactions positive, negative, or neutral? Support your response using proper citations.
· Are there existing social inequities based on race? Why or why not?
· What do you believe to be the causes of racial prejudice and discrimination in today’s society?
SOC101: Introduction to Sociology (GSP1224C) quiz 1$1.50
SOC101: Introduction to Sociology (GSP1224C) quiz 1
- A city councilman broke the law by taking money from a company who was then awarded a city contract, and was then forced to resign. Which term best explains his behavior?
- What is the main difference between parametric and nonparametric statistics?
- Which theory believes that society works best when social change is encouraged?
- Incest can be best described as breaking a
- What kind of survey question is the following: “Do you like summer and going to the beach and hiking in the mountains?”
- Barak Obama’s master status is:
- Which is true about conducting research?
- “Having a pet will reduce stress.” What is the independent variable in this hypothesis?
- The Sociological insight can provide which of the following: Knowledge of group behavior Insight into individual behavior Increased understanding of differences
- Which type of research starts by collecting data and analyzing it to look for patterns?
Domestic Violence Research Critique$12.00
Domestic Violence Research Critique
NRS-433V Week 4 Benchmark – Research Critique Part 2
Topic: Measurement, Statistics, and Appraisal
Prepare a critical analysis of a quantitative study focusing on protection of human participants, data collection, data management and analysis, problem statement, and interpretation of findings. The quantitative research article can be from your previous literature review or a new peer-reviewed article.
Each study analysis will be 1,000-1,250 words and submitted in one document. As with the assignments in Topics 1-3, this should connect to your identified practice problem of interest.
Refer to the resource entitled Research Critique Part 2. Questions under each heading should be addressed as a narrative, in the structure of a formal paper. You are also required to include an Introduction and Conclusion.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Kolcaba’s Theory of Comfort$10.00
Kolcaba’s Theory of Comfort
NR 501 – Wk 3 Steps of Concept Analysis
Provide a brief example of a concept to analyze in our nursing profession (e.g., caring, healing, comfort, diversity). Briefly outline the steps in the analysis of this concept.
The steps of concept analysis as listed in your week 3 assignment tab are as follows
- Select a concept;
- Determine the purposes of the analysis;
- Identify all uses of the concept;
- Identify a model case of the concept; identify each of the following cases: borderline, related, contrary, invented, and illegitimate;
- Identify consequences and antecedents of the concept;
- Define empirical references of the concept (Walker & Avant, 2011).
Utilizing the above steps, please provide a brief example of a concept to analyze in our nursing profession (e.g., caring, healing, comfort, diversity). Briefly outline the steps that you would use in the analysis of your chosen concept.
Roles and Contributions of Black Women Civil Rights Movement$21.00
Roles and Contributions of Black Women Civil Rights Movement
The Roles and Contributions of Black Women in the Civil Rights Movement
1.1 Research Question…
- Literature Review
- Analysis of the Roles and Contributions of Black Women
3.1 Reasons …
3.2 Functions and Significance
- Further Study