Showing 55–63 of 727 results
SCI/241 Version 7 Nutritional Study Worksheet 1$5.00
University of Phoenix Material
SCI 241 Nutritional Study Worksheet
Resource: University of Phoenix Library and the Internet
Select one of the following topics to research: Coffee or caffeine
Other nutrition topic approved by your instructor
Research your topic using 2 nutrition articles that discuss your topic, but provide opposing viewpoints. Use the Internet, the University Library, or the search links provided in the Week 2 Electronic Reserve Readings to locate the articles.
Write 50- to 200-word responses to each of the following questions based your findings. Use your own words and provide examples to support your answers.
- 1. What topic did you choose? Discuss the position of each of the two articles you selected.
- 2. What health claims are stated in the articles, such as drinking coffee every day will lower one’s risk for cancer?
- 3. Do any of the articles’ claims seem too good to be true? Does it seem that the authors are seeking personal gain in any way? Explain your answers.
- 4. What are the respective sources of these articles (testimonials, peer-reviewed study)?
- 5. Is the information presented in each article new or has it been studied extensively over time, achieving the same results?
- 6. Now that you have gone through the details of each article, do you have any reservations about the information in either one? If so, explain wh Has the process of analyzing the two articles changed your opinion on the topic? Explain your answer.
Week 1 Review Questions Solutions$10.00
Ch. 1 Questions
3.) How do you think the principle of uniformitarianism accounts for occasional catastrophic events such as meteorite impacts, huge volcanic eruptions, or great earthquakes?
4.) In this chapter, we have suggested that Earth is a close approximation of a natural closed system, and we have hinted at some of the ways that living in a closed system affects each of us. Can you think of some other ways?
5.) In what ways do geologic processes affect your daily life?
Ch. 2 Questions
1.) When astronauts brought back rock samples from the Moon, the minerals present were mostly the same as those found on Earth. Can you think of reasons this might be so? Would you expect minerals on Mars or Venus to be the same, or at least very similar, to those on Earth?
3.) Identify which of the following materials are minerals and why: water, beach sand, diamond, wood, vitamin pill, gold nugget, fishbone, and emerald. Should a synthetic diamond be considered a true mineral?
Ch. 3 Questions
3.) How old are the rock formations in the area where you live and attend college or university? How can you find out the answer to this question?
4.) Choose one of the geologic periods or epochs listed in Figure 3.8 and find out all you can about it. How are rock formations from that period identified? What are its most characteristic fossils? Where are the best samples of rock from your chosen period found?
5.) Do some research to determine the ages of the oldest-known fossils. What kind of life forms were they?
Ch. 15 Questions
1.) Recall from Chapter 1 (see Table 1.1) that Earth and Venus are so similar in size and overall composition that they are almost “twins.” Why did these two planets evolve so differently? Why is Earth’s atmosphere rich in oxygen and poor in carbon dioxide, whereas the reverse is true on Venus? What would happen to Earth’s oceans if Earth were a little bit closer to the Sun?
4.) What do you think might have happened to mammals if the end-of-Cretaceous extinction had not wiped out the dinosaurs?
NETW320 Week 3 SIP trunking essay$3.50
NETW 320 Week 3 Homework Assignments
Write a 500-word paper that explains what a SIP trunk is, why you would use a SIP trunk, the equipment required for its use, and any RFCs that discuss SIP trunking.
SIP Trunking or also known as SIP trunks is a communication service offered by different carriers and normally they are combined with Internet telephony service providers that allows businesses u organizations to use voice over the Internet protocol (VoIP) while you are connected to the Internet. The main purpose of using Sip Trunking is to extend VoIP or IP telephony use beyond the enterprise network and reduced cost. Also, we can create and control the communications sessions that are the basis of VoIP telephony. In few words your organization would be able to use instant messaging, multimedia, conferencing, and other real-time services that can traverse a SIP trunk.
NETW320 Week 2 Assignment: Silence SuppressionCall for price
What is Silence Suppression?
Why is it used?
What could be used instead of silence suppression?
RFCs discussing silence suppression
Module 8 Review Questions$15.00
- Provide some examples in business or daily life in which a controlled process is erroneously adjusted and an out-of-control process is ignored. What implications do these errors have?
- Would it make sense to draw specification limits on an x-bar chart? Why or why not?
- Compare the lean service system of Southwest Airlines to a full service airline such as United Airlines or British Airways on the following: (a) airplane boarding process, (b) cabin service, (c) ticket transfer to other Southwest flights, (d) frequent flyer program, (e) baggage handling, (f) seat assignment system, and (g) service encounters.
Mgmt 404 Review Questions$3.50
Answer the following questions:
1)What is the difference between a task dependency and a task constraint?
2) Give a real-world situation when you might used the following task constraints:
- a) Start No Earlier Than
- b) Start No Later Than –
- c) Finish No Later Than –
- d) Finish No Earlier Than –
- e) Must Finish On –
- f) Must Start On –
- g) As Late As Possible –
3) What is the importance of a baseline?
4) What is an interim plan?
ISYS104 Tutorial – week 7 Review Questions$20.00
- What are the problems of managing data resources in a traditional file environment and how are they solved by a database management system?
List and describe each of the components in the data hierarchy.
Define and explain the significance of entities, attributes, and key fields.
List and describe the problems of the traditional file environment.
Define a database and a database management system and describe how it solves the problems of a traditional file environment.
- What are the major capabilities of DBMS and why is a relational DBMS so powerful?
Name and briefly describe the capabilities of a DBMS.
Define a relational DBMS and explain how it organizes data.
List and describe the three operations of a relational DBMS.
- What are some important database design principles?
Define and describe normalization and referential integrity and explain how they contribute to a well-designed relational database.
Define a distributed database and describe the two main ways of distributing data.
- What are the principal tools and technologies for accessing information from databases to improve business performance and decision making?
Define a data warehouse, explaining how it works and how it benefits organizations.
Define business intelligence and explain how it is related to database technology.
Describe the capabilities of online analytical processing (OLAP).
Define data mining, describing how it differs from OLAP and the types of information it provides.
Explain how text mining and Web mining differ from conventional data mining.
Describe how users can access information from a company’s internal databases through the Web.
- Why are information policy, data administration, and data quality assurance essential for managing the firm’s data resources?
Describe the roles of information policy and data administration in information management.
Explain why data quality audits and data cleansing are essential.
- What concepts in this chapter are illustrated in this case?
- Why was the consolidated terror watch list created? What are the benefits of the list?
- Describe some of the weaknesses of the watch list. What management, organization, and technology factors are responsible for these weaknesses?
- If you were responsible for the management of the TSC watch list database, what steps would you take to correct some of these weaknesses?
- Do you believe that the watch list represents a significant threat to individuals’ privacy or Constitutional rights? Why or why not?
ESCI 1123 Meteorology Ch.1 review questions$7.00
Meteorology Ch.1 review questions
- Distinguish between weather and climate.
- What is the advantage of describing the climate of locality in terms of both average weather plus extremes in weather?
- Identify the various sources of weather information that are available to the public.
- Describe the type of weather that usually accompanies a high (anticyclone) and a low (cyclone) in middle latitudes.
- What is an air mass? What governs the temperature and humidity of an air mass?
- Explain why clouds and precipitation are often associated with fronts.
- Among weather satellites, distinguish between GOES and POES.
- What advantages does an infrared satellite image offer over a visible satellite image for monitoring the state of the atmosphere?
- Describe how weather radar detects the location and movement of areas of precipitation.
- What causes high thin cirrus clouds to appear fibrous or wispy?
INTERNSHIP JOURNAL WEEKLY REPORT FORM$5.00
INTERNSHIP JOURNAL WEEKLY REPORT FORM
INTERNS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE 120 HOURS AT THE INTERNSHIP SITE. THESE HOURS MUST BE DOCUMENTED IN THE JOURNAL AND SIGNED BY THE INTERNSHIP SUPERVISOR
Name: Edith Navarro Date of Entry: April 4,
Agency: 77th St. Los Angeles Police Department C.L.E.A.R Curriculum Topic Selected: Smoking Weed
Total Hours For This Journal Entry: 9
Week #: 7
- Briefly describe the agency’s practices in regards to the curriculum topic selected.
Examples of Curriculum Topics include, but are not limited to, leadership development, administrative procedures, detention procedures, investigative reports, policy guidelines, communication, reporting requirements, technology, and ethics.
- How do the agency’s practices compare with theories, concepts, and literature discussed in your Public Administration or Criminal Justice Administration courses?
- Briefly describe the assignments and tasks that you performed this week. What are your personal feelings about these assignments and tasks? How would you evaluate your job performance in regards to these assignments/tasks?
- Describe any unusual occurrences or unanticipated activities in your office this week. Explain why you think these were unusual or unanticipated.
- Describe any organizational issues or problems that you became aware of this week. If you were in charge, what recommendations would you make to deal with these issues or problems?
- Describe one interpersonal interaction that you observed or were involved in during the week. Was this interaction positive or negative? Explain.
- Describe one policy, practice, or incident that you observed this week that made you think that your agency is performing in an effective way.
- What questions would you like to ask or comments would you like to make about this week’s experiences?